Intertextual Connections


Relieved

I have been spending weeks crunching numbers and working with a market research analysis program that left me dumbfounded many times because I couldn't just get it. I think i just didn't push the right buttons.

After many attempts and accounts, I can finally say that I got it! I have just finished 15 reports for analysis work. Man, I'm giving myself a pat on the back. This whole field of work is totally foreign to me. If not for a very helpful colleague and mounting pressure to deliver (in a positive way), I think I'll still be using the Excel to sum up expenses and count transportation costs. Heh.

I am quite overjoyed right now, for once, the number and clicking gave me a sense of satisfaction. I pray much that this infant skill will remain in me for the longest time because I see many accounts of such practice.

The soothing tunes of the WOW worship CD help kept things in perspective and to rely on Him further.

My slight fever and sore throat diminish after a light nap and some medicine. I took the opportunity to read a book and there are like stacks and stacks on the list for reading and I decided to pull 'Through Gates of Splendour' by E. Elliot.


I guess the book comes alive much more after knowing that you've played one of the key characters and through the many pages, I realize that Jim & Pete are persons who have a lot more in there to share than their surface achievements, and positions and academic qualifications. When they speak with God thoughts and inspiration, it really shows that the journey and closeness that they have with God.

Wherever you are, be all there. Live to the hilt of every situation you believe to be the will of God. ~ Jim Elliot

I'm glad for that closing reading for the night that gave me a much much deeper peace once again.

oh, badminton sessions have been picking up...that means, shoulder is showing great progress. It's been such a testful time for me and praying constantly for recovery.

Relieved. indeed relieved.
Relive. indeed relive!


Labels:

0 Responses to “Relieved”

Post a Comment



© 2005-2006 Intertextual Connections | Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.